Click here to visit the COUNSELOR’S CORNER BLOG!
The one-stop shop for Douglas Anderson parents and students
to stay informed about a variety of guidance information!
CLICK HERE for the DA Guidance Brochure
School Counselor, A – K Grades 10-12, ext. 119
Guidance Department Chair
School Counselor, L – Z Grades 10-12, ext. 116
School Counselor, ALL GRADE 9, ext. 117
Part-Time School Counselor, ext. 191
Scholarship Coordinator, Special Programs
Records Clerk, ext. 118
Guidance Clerk, ex. 191
IMPORTANT UPCOMING GUIDANCE EVENTS
- January 31, 2013 – Financial Aid Night
- February 4 and 5, 2013 – BEACON Financial Aid workshops for Seniors through English classes
- Week of March 11, 2013 – High School planning and curriculum presentations for Grades 9-11
- March 19, 2013 – Junior Parent Night and DA College Fair
- March 18 – April 12, 2013 – Student scheduling for the 2013-2014 school year
- April 22, 2013 – Senior Spring Parent Night
- UPCOMING RED SESSIONS TBA!
Request your transcript in the Guidance Office
1. When you request your transcript to be sent to a STATE OF FLORIDA PUBLIC COLLEGE or UNIVERSITY:
Guidance sends it electronically at no cost to you.
The college processes this information – which can TAKE UP TO 3-4 WEEKS from the date you request it.
The college will post it on your status screen (be patient if it doesn’t show on your status screen immediately).
If your transcript does not appear on your screen after a few weeks, you may then contact the college to inquire about your transcript.
2. When you request a transcript for ANY OTHER COLLEGE or UNIVERSITY, you must:
Request (from Guidance) the number of transcripts you need.
Pick them up from Guidance (the first three transcripts are FREE, each additional transcript requested is $5.00).
Personally mail them off.
Be sure to check the SPOTLIGHT daily
for scholarship information and MORE!
CLICK HERE for the Duval County District Guidance Webpage
Douglas Anderson has officially become an SAT Test Center! Students can now sign up and take the test here at DA. Our Center Number is 10302. The dates for all SAT and ACT tests are posted on bulletin boards throughout the school.
NEW! Admissions Hour for Seniors – The Guidance Department will be offering an “Admissions Hour” after school each week after school from 3:30 to 4:30 p.m. on Tuesdays and Thursdays where seniors can come to guidance and get assistance with online applications and admissions questions.
GRAD TRACKER for 10th Graders!
The Douglas Anderson School Counseling Department is excited to offer you and your 10th grade student an opportunity to meet with a school counselor to plan for the future. During this conference we will review graduation requirements and set post secondary goals! A form has been sent home with your student about this conference for you to fill out and return. The meetings will begin in late January and continue throughout the year. To find out more about these meetings:
watch this video.
- Graduation Requirement Chart
- Haven’t passed the FCAT? Things you should know!
- Post Secondary Readiness Information
- Calculating Final Grades
- Underclassmen Parent Night 2012-2013 Presentation
- 2012-2013 DCPS Scholarship Book
- Senior Parent Night 2012-2013 Presentation
- Senior Newsletter Quarter One
- College Net Price Calculators
- College Visit Checklist
- College Application Checklist
- Senior Checklist
- DA Dual Enrollment Course Codes and Credits for College Applications
- DA Senior Recommendations Request Form
Scholarship / Financial Aid Information:
- SCHOLARSHIP BOOK 2012-2013
- Financial Aid Step-by-Step PowerPoint Presentation
- My Music Program Create a Student Profile on the new recruiting website that hundreds of music schools, colleges, universities, and conservatories use to find new students.
Mrs. White’s Scholarship information & deadlines website
- Free Application For Student Aide – www.fafsa.ed.gov
- State Farm College Planning Resources
- Bright Futures and Scholarship Information:
Community Service Resources:
- Community Service Validation Form 2012-2013
- Bright Futures/Silver Cord Important Notes
- Bright Futures/Silver Cord “What Counts”“
- “Get the Facts” for Community Service
- Hands-On Jacksonville Volunteer Opportunities
College Planning / Applications:
- Underclassmen Parent Night Presentation
- High School Planning Checklist
- District Resources
- College Ready Milestones
- DCPS College Planning Information
- College Board College and Career Planning: Bigfuture
- Career Resources
- REGISTER FOR COLLEGEWEEKLIVE!
- Florida State University System Matrix
- Self Evaluation: What College Is Right for You?
- Ten Myths of the College Admissions Process
- College Essay Writing Resources
- Components of a College Essay
- College Portfolio Project
- College and Career Planner
- Choices Planner
- DCPS Higher Education Web page
- Planning For College – OffToCollege.com
- Extracurricular Activities Worksheet
- Analyzing Your Activities: Stand Out Factor
- Analyzing Your Activities: What Sets You Apart
- 2012-2013 SAT and ACT TEST DATES
- “Reality or Myth?” SAT Information
- Nuts and Bolts of the SAT and ACT 2012-2013
- The College Board (SAT, PSAT, and AP) – www.collegeboard.com (DA’s School Code is 100791)
- College Board PSAT Information
- UNF SAT and ACT Fall 2012 Test Prep Flyer
- Free SAT Prep Course UNF 2012
- ACT – www.act.org
- Duval County Public Schools Community Education Test Prep Opportunities
- BEST Saturday Test Prep Academy – (904) 354-1464 – BEST Brochure and BEST Registration Form
- For SAT or ACT Test Prep information, contact:
- UNF – 620-4200
- FSCJ – 354-1464
- DCPS – Community Education – 858-6080
- Test Prep Resources
- PERT Student Study Guide
- DA Faculty Tutoring List 2012-2013
- For geometry help, go to: http://www.onlinemathlearning.com/geometry-help.html
- Teen Tutoring
- Jacksonville’s Public Library – Homework Help Links
- DCPS Study Skills Resources
- DCPS Homework Help