1. The applicant’s interest in the Cinematic Arts program
- Why do you want to study filmmaking and develop skills in this area?
- What do you hope to achieve in this program?
2. The applicant’s knowledge of filmmaking fundamentals
- What do you find to be the most important aspect of filmmaking?
- What do you find to be the most difficult aspect of filmmaking?
3. The extent of the applicant’s experience in this art discipline.
- When did you first realize you were interested in filmmaking?
- What have you studied or worked on that improved your skills?
- Discuss your video project you created for this audition. What was easy? What was hard? What surprised you about the process?
PROJECT FOR AUDITION: Please bring to your audition a project you created, either in school or at home, that demonstrates your talent and skills in visual storytelling.
- Your film should be produced and submitted on a DVD-R. Please check the playability of your DVD before you bring it in.
- Prepare a portfolio to submit with your DVD. This portfolio should be neatly presented and should include items such as a script, shot list, and any notes that assisted in organizing your project. Please submit copies of these materials as DVDs and portfolios will not be returned.